GeoTREE LiDAR Tool Extension (GeoLiTE)
An ArcGIS plug-in to assist LiDAR analysis
What is it?
The GeoTree Lidar Tool Extension (GeoLiTE) is developed at the GeoTREE Center (University of Northern Iowa) in order to assist the processing and analysis of LiDAR data. The following are the main functions that GeoLiTE can provide:
- Convert LAS file to XYZI file
- Merge and clip multi-tile LiDAR data to a user defined analysis extent.
- According to different resolution requirement, LAS or XYZ points can be sampled to keep necessary percentage of points.
- With accurate GPS point collection, DEM can be evaluated by calculating RMSE (Root Mean Square Error).
- Directly derive terrain and DEM from LiDAR data.
- Batch derive slope, contour, hillshade, and aspect from DEM
- Visualize lower elevation areas with the Water level tool. Useful for flood management.
- ArcGIS 9.3 and 10.0 are supported.
- A tutorial on how to use GeoLITE is available. You can stream the tutorial or you can download and watch it offline. To view the tutorial, you will need to install VLC Media Player.
Please fill out this form.